Hubby and I have decided to experiment with new foods/recipes. So, about once a week, we'll try to make something new that we haven't made before. This will usually be on the weekends.
This week's recipe is homemade Pork Fried Rice.
3 cups of cooked rice
1/4 lb chopped pork (I actually recommend using a little bit more. Maybe more like 1/3-1/2 lb, just because it gives it a bit more flavor)
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 clove of garlic (about 1 tsp of minced garlic, which is what we used)
1 celery stalk
1/2 cup corn
1. Crush and mince the garlic and chop the vegetables into smaller pieces
2. Place wok or non-stick frying pan on medium high heat, and add a little vegetable oil, just to coat the bottom of the pan
3. Sweat the garlic in the pan, and then add your chopped pork. Cook 3-5 minutes
4. Add the eggs directly to the pan and scramble. It should take less than 1 minute
5. Add the vegetables to the pan and stir for 1 minute
6. Add rice (spread it out so it doesn't clump too much) and remaining ingredients. (Also spread the soy sauce around to fully coat the rice)
7. Stir for about another minute until rice is fully coated and vegetables are cooked.
8. Remove from heat and serve! :)
Below is a video of the recipe (this is actually where we got it from!) to help you out. Enjoy!
What about you? Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share? Feel free to submit it in the comments section, and we'll feature it on a future post!